BlackBerry 10 App
- 1. How do I download the Channel NewsAsia BlackBerry 10 App?
- 2. Can the app be customised to my needs?
- 3. Does it cost anything to use the Channel NewsAsia App and its content?
- 4. Can I use the Channel NewsAsia App to view the content while I am travelling?
- 5. Can other devices use the Channel NewsAsia BlackBerry 10 App?
1. How do I download the Channel NewsAsia BlackBerry 10 App?
To receive the Channel NewsAsia App, open the BlackBerry World shortcut on your BlackBerry 10 device and click the download button. Once the download is complete, the App will appear among the icons on your home screen, ready for use.
2. Can the app be customised to my needs?
The Channel NewsAsia BlackBerry 10 app is optimised for use on both touchscreen and keypad BlackBerry devices. It offers a list and slide view which users may customise by tapping on the right navigation button.
Users may add one other category to the default Latest, Singapore and Asia Pacific news categories by tapping on the left navigation button. While scrolling through the news, users may build a personalised news reading list, with a long tap on a story to call up the Favourite button.
A TV show reminder can be set through the TV listing page with a long tap on a show to bring up a calendar button.
3. Does it cost anything to use the Channel NewsAsia App and its content?
No. The Channel NewsAsia BlackBerry App is a free download. The content provided is also free of charge. However, you may incur data charges from your service provider if you use your Data service in the absence of a WiFi connection, to download the App or content via the Channel NewsAsia App.
4. Can I use the Channel NewsAsia App to view the content while I am travelling?
Yes. However, note that in the absence of a WiFi connection, the App will use the network connection on your BlackBerry to access and download content. Normal network data rates will apply and roaming charges too, if you are travelling overseas. You could launch the App and various categories, or Favourite the content, before travelling to view some of the content offline.
5. Can other devices use the Channel NewsAsia BlackBerry 10 App?
No. The Channel NewsAsia BlackBerry 10 App is optimised to work only on devices running the BlackBerry 10 Operating System for both touch-screen and scroll-key devices. It will also not work with previous generation BlackBerry devices with OS 4.5 which should opt for the earlier app.